Yesterday, on November 21st, 2018, we hosted a Dental Information Session in Montreal.
Each session is different because of people visiting them. Each practice experience different problems depending on different factors:
- How old is this practice?
- How many dentists work in this practice?
- What is their specialization? (general dentist, etc.)
- Who else works for this practice (front desk coordinator, receptionist,etc.)
- Practice working schedule
- Practice location
- How many competitors are around this point?
- How many patients does this practice receive per day?
- How many patients does this practice want to have?
- What is the monthly ratio between new and existing patients?
- What have been done already to acquire and retain their patients?
One of the elements we use in helping dental practices grow is a pre-appointment email. In yesterday's meeting it was particularly appreciated.
I happily share information with ones who were not able to visit our Dental Marketing Information Session.
The importance of the first appointment
The first dental appointment is a crucial moment in creating a long-lasting relationship between a patient and a practice. Handled well by you and your team, it will affirm the patient’s decision to make an appointment at your practice and it will create an excellent impression.
What should you do before the first appointment with a new patient?
- Send the pre-appointment email
- Make a pre-appointment call
- Make sure your patient has all the information about an upcoming appointment:
- What to expect
- How long the first visit will take
- If you accept dental insurance
- If you work with medical credit organizations
- Fee information
- Payment method information
- Cancellation options
Here is an example of a pre-appointment email:
Subject: Your First Visit
What to Expect
Our goal at Dental Practice ABC is to help patients improve their overall health. We want to develop a lifelong relationship with our patients, starting from the first visit.
Our friendly, knowledgeable staff loves meeting new people, and is very excited to greet you at your first visit to our practice. If you have any questions, they are more than happy to help guide you through your appointment.
How long will your first visit take?
Your first appointment will take around 60 minutes. It is advised that you arrive a few minutes early to orient yourself with our practice. During your first visit, you can expect the following:
- A full review of your dental care history, and any other concerns you have regarding your oral health
- A complete oral exam including X-rays to assess any issues that cannot be seen with the naked eye
- An open communication opportunity between you and the practising oral health professional
- A comprehensive, personalized oral health plan, including recommendations for future visits and maintenance plans
We are here to assist you with any calls to your insurance company during your presence at the practice. We can work with you to determine your coverage and treatment options. We believe in having informed patients using their dental benefits for their overall health.
It is the patient's responsibility to pay the fees for their dental procedures. We accept the following methods of payment: Mastercard, Visa, debit, cash and cheque.
We schedule appointments specifically for you. Our team will contact you with a courtesy reminder prior to the scheduled appointment. However, it is ultimately your responsibility to arrive on time for the appointment. Please be advised that we require a minimum of 2 business days for a cancellation notification, so be sure to notify us as soon as possible if you need to change or cancel your appointment.
Looking forward to seeing you,
Dental Practice ABC team
You can learn more about best practices in Dental Business Administration.
Our online course Dental Office Management 360 is designed to help you grow your practice.
- 4 blocks:
- Dental marketing and dental digital marketing
- Dental patients’ experience
- Digital ecosystem planning for dental offices
- 24 lessons
- Spend 15 minutes maximum for each lesson
- Become aware of best practices dedicating 15 minutes only during 24 days
- Enroll now